Fieldwork site operative
We have 2 vacancies in our fieldwork team. The successful candidate will enjoy physical work, be looking to learn new skills and have practical problem solving skills. The role may lead to learning how to operate specialist equipment such as diamond coring or drill rigs.
The role involves visiting site nationwide to undertake various investigations such as, but not limited to;
- Digging trial pits by hand including operating a mechanical breaker
- Assist in moving equipment and plant from one location on to subsequent investigation points.
- Undertake soil sampling as directed by the site engineer.
- Diamond coring
- Excavation of shallow boreholes using both hand held and powered plant.
- Any other duties related to the investigation process as required.
Training will be provided by the company cover safe working and operation of equipment, as well as for a Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) card. You will be expected to sit the necessary courses, medical, drug and alcohol screening tests as required. Training costs with respect to these and other approved training schemes are met by the company.
The role is a site based role and you will be required to travel to sites across the country as necessary. Vehicles for travel are provided by the company.
The remuneration package will include a salary, site bonus paid for days when sitework is undertaken and health insurance.