We are currently recruiting for geo-environmental engnieers in our Northampton Office to expand our growing team due to increased work load. The successful candidate will be degree educated, with two to five years experience of geo-environmental/geotechnical engineering with both strong fieldwork and reporting skills.
The main duties of the role are:
- Write Phase 1, desk study reports including factual aspects, advising on geotechnical constraints, potential risk from contamination due to previous or adjoining land use and recommending the invasive investigation work phase.
- Supervision of site investigations to direct fieldwork, record trial hole and borehole, undertake insitu testing, organise and retain soil samples for future analysis
- Set laboratory testing for contamination and geotechnical purposes
- Prepare factual and interpretive geo-environmental and geotechnical reports. Geo-environmental reports include contamination assessments, determining the remedial strategies and validating remediation schemes and reporting on associated matters. Geotechnical reports include geotechnical constraints on future development, impacts on construction materials and techniques, and providing solutions/design parameters for sub-structure options related to the development proposals.
- Liaison with clients, design team professionals, approval bodies and individuals on project matters.
- Assist in all areas of project administration as required including (but not exclusively), general enquiries, report production, resource planning, programming, ordering, and similar matters.
In-house training will be provided to allow the duties to be discharged in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
The duties detailed above are not exhaustive and other ad hoc duties may be required and will be added where necessary to assist the company.